This simple dish is the perfect comfort food when you are sick. With lots of turmeric and ginger, it is medicinal too. It is served best topped with a teaspoon of ghee and along with plain curds or yogurt.
¼ cup Moong dal
1 cup Basmati Rice
5 cloves Garlic
¼ tbsp Ghee
¼ tsp Jeera
4 cups Water
1¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
¼ tsp Asafetida Powder (Hing)
- Chop the ginger and garlic finely (Better still, grind them in a pestle)
- Heat ghee in a pressure-cooker and add jeera.
- When it splutters, add chopped ginger and garlic, followed by turmeric and asafetida powders.
- Add the rice and dal and stir for a few minutes
- Add the water and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with ghee
Enjoy and eat it when its still hot.